- This event has passed.
Great White Sharks & Seals Webinar with SSC, NMLC, and AWSC
June 24, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
WEBINAR Registration Link https://www.seacoastsciencecenter.org/workshops/sharks-and-seals/?fbclid=IwAR3XZv2bnwprk3mq7wlAbeUq4c964lTX5YeHa69ktimVxYIemMe8lJpE9qk
Join us for an exciting webinar as we talk about the conservation success story of Seals and Great White Sharks facing a crossroads today. These are two species that catch the public’s attention every summer in New England: Great White Sharks and Gray Seals. In recent history, there has been a resurgence of marine life in our waters, thanks to environmental protections that were put into place for marine mammals in 1972, and sharks in 1997.
As sharks and seals return in numbers, they will naturally encounter humans at a greater rate. This has brought up some serious concerns that we’ll be addressing:
– How do Seals and Sharks co-exist and what’s their role in the ecosystem?
– How can I avoid Great White Sharks?
– Can we learn to share the shore with the animals who call the ocean home?
You’ll have the opportunity to engage directly with the experts during our live Q&A session!
– Ashley Stokes, Seacoast Science Center Marine Mammal Rescue Manager
– Geneva Mommsen, National Marine Life Center
– Kristen Kibblehouse, Atlantic White Shark Conservancy
Arm yourself with knowledge and become a local ocean hero!