The Mosquito Story Slam presents a two-day storytelling workshop, focusing on the tools in crafting an engaging and powerful story. In this workshop you will learn the art of storytelling by turning your own true stories into 5 minutes of intrigue, suspense and entertainment.
The workshop will conclude on Sunday evening with a Student Showcase where you will have the opportunity to tell your story on stage in front of a live audience! In addition, your story will be recorded for you to keep and share.
This workshop will be taught by Mosquito Story Slam producers Vanessa Vartabedian and William Mullin, who will bring their years of storytelling experience to the course.
During this workshop you will:
– Learn the basics of good storytelling, including the rules of showing vs. telling, developing the arc of your story, character development and timing
– Discover what personal events from your life could unfold into great stories for the stage
– Find the truth, details and pivotal moments in your story
– Share and brainstorm ideas with peers in a safe and supportive classroom
– Refine and polish your story for performance
– Perform your story in front of a live audience
– Have your story recorded